Blog Archive

Monday, May 6, 2019

Day 1: My Traveling Companion, Guy Weber

Lots of people ask whether anyone is coming with me on the trip. I'm going to be accompanied for the first nine days by my cousin, Guy Weber. He'll do the Chicago to Los Angeles portion of the trip with me and then continue on to San Diego to visit his mother and sister and brother-in-law.  

Guy hasn't done a lot of train travel, so I hope he'll like it. We've enjoyed traveling together in the past, and we hope we'll still enjoy it when we're sharing a compact roomette on the train with two bunks for several nights.  


Guy Weber in the observation car

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background: Train Travel is Enjoyable and Relaxing

Trains may be the most enjoyable way to travel. Train travel is a great way to connect with people, places and the history of the country. ...